[alfa] Digest etiquette was"...not really sure..."

Jeff Clark's clever reply to one of my emails began...

<snip>
<snip>
<snip><snip>
<snip>

[ whew! ]

**************

People don't really reply to an entire post, then start removing what
they consider unessential elements before replying do they?

Not sure how one does it on a PC and / or in Microsoft Express, but I
just highlight and hit Command C, then drop then hit Command V once I
have a clean sheet of paper (so to speak) in my MAC.

On the 750-101 Digest, not for the first time, there is the plea for
individuals to either simply reply if what they are saying makes it
clear what the question was or to shorten (however they choose) as Jeff
Clark did.

In their case, the 750-101 Digest is hosted by Yahoo and Yahoo intends
to impose a size limit on group message archives.

Richard has never mentioned anything about length, but suspect his need
for additional storage capabilities if everyone did as Jeff Clark did
might slightly lessen.

Many of you post on rare occasions. Suspect there are a lot of lurkers.
There is a pretty good handful who send posts in frequently. Yeah, I
know which group I belong to.

What I especially like about the Alfa Digest is that we are able to
express ourselves as long as there is some Alfa content.

I scroll through 164 posts for instance. Don't have one and don't work
on them - and yeah, they're too complex for this old guy. Some of them
are very lengthy posts. Not sure about Richard, but feel if someone
needs to go into detail, especially regarding a particular problem, take
as much space as you need. What's it to me but a half second more of
scrolling.

However, I really cringe when I see someone do a complete attachment of
someone's, but especially one of my, posts.

There's a Japanese restaurant in Pasadena which is mostly packed  with
Asians. It's an all you can eat buffet (at least on Saturday
afternoons). However, they charge you extra if say you take ten tuna
rolls, then leave the rice.

Since the idea is to get a whole bunch of good food cheap, you see a lot
of clean plates.

Wish we all could do the same. Might even leave off the snip, snip part
in the future also.

Am I clear here? Or am I going to get emails from outraged Digesters,
like I did about my fake 1750 engine, who will ask me, "What, you're
going to come to my house and see if there is any food left on my
plate?"

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA