RE: [alfa] Re: Downsides of bigger injectors?

My understanding is that the stock L-jet as used on Milanos, and GTV-6's,
tends to run a little lean at WOT at high(er) revs.

So, one solution would be to simply fit a slightly larger injector, so when
the system goes open loop you have some more fuel.

However, the problem is not inadequate flow from the injectors, it is the
internal mapping of the ECU.

I recently built a 2.5 V6, ported & polished, hot cams, CSC headers, high
flow exhaust with 2 high flow cats, etc.

In order to get it all to work well, I replaced the AFM with a mass air
sensor. This uses a programmable (via a windoze PC) piggy back computer.
I've spent a lot of time tuning this car in the past few weeks to get the
fuel curve dialed in properly. This is done using a wide band Air Fuel Ratio
Meter.

I can assure you, that the stock injectors are plenty large enough to supply
more than enough fuel to make the engine run too rich at high revs and WOT.

So, it all comes down to what's been done to the engine in question, and
what you are trying to accomplish.

To coin a phrase  ... Enjoy yours :-)

Jeff