[alfa] Throttle Cable Blues...

So... I was driving home from work on Tuesday when my throttle cable snapped. Called my dad, he came down with tools, and we jury rigged some speaker wire to get home. That's about when I realized that nobody seems to sell throttle cables for a Spider. Rather than just go the easy way and get some generic cable and make my own, we decided to be a bit different. His 12 string guitar became an 11 string, but it seems to work so far (25 spirited miles).
For a writeup, check out http://www.ugconnection.com/4kq/throttle/throttle.html
or, for the whole page (recently updated) check out http://www.ugconnection.com/4kq
Note - Images for throttle writeup are dead due to horrible dialup connection that can't upload more than about 2k

-Ben Kaupp
'78 Spider (now with 18% more future owner pissing off mickey mouse custom cheapskate modifications)