[alfa] Spider Veloce in Autoweek

There have been at least three recent advertisements in Autoweek (11/24/,
page 37) for a red 1960 Veloce Spider, with Conrero modifications, that
supposedly won its class in a 1960 Daytona road race.

Particulars include a claimed $44,000 ground-up restoration with all receipts
with only 11,000 claimed miles on the odometer. The seller is located in Ohio
and is asking $39,000 or best offer.

Anybody know anything about this particular spider and its race history?
Which race, driver's name? Not that I've got 39K floating around in the proverbial
cookie jar, but asking that kind of money for a Veloce Spider just naturally
catches my interest.

I'm not a shill for the seller, but can provide the phone number to anyone
interested in giving, what would seem to be, a pretty nice Christmas present to
himself.

Cheers,
John Thompson
Sylmar, CA