RE: [alfa] New injector seals for 2.5 too small for hole in intake runner

Thanks for your help.  Couldn't locate that part number in my neck of the
woods, even at Carquest.  However, I did find out that the smaller seals
will work.  I found this out by calling a buddy of mine that knows these
cars a lot better than me.  I figured I'd pass the info along for future
reference.

He said that the new seals would be OK. As long as they fit properly around
the injector nozzles & sit in the cutouts for the seals, they'll do their
job. Evidentially, they're primary purpose it to prevent un-metered air from
getting into the injector holes.

It's a bit disconcerting at first because the injectors fit into the holes
much more easily with the new seals because the new seals don't have that
lip that goes down into the injector hole. As you torque down the injector
mounting bolts, the seals do expand.

I put it all back together last night, & it works fine.

Michael Keith
Houston, TX
87 Milano Gold