[alfa] Bearing questions

Ok, on testing there's definitely a tiny bit of play in the driver's side front wheel. Just enough to feel a "click", less than 1mm at the top of the tire. None at all on the passenger's side. This leads to some (hopefully simple) questions:

* IAP lists "inner" and "outer" front wheel bearings. I think what I pulled out while I was changing the rotors was the inner wheel bearing, and I didn't even *see* an outer bearing. Was that the inner bearing?
* Should both inner and outer bearings be replaced?
* Should both driver's side *and* passenger's side bearings be replaced?
* Is it safe to drive at the moment?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Scott Johnson
71 1750 Spider