[alfa] Duetto. Missing Something ?

I finally took delivery of my new toy today ('67 Duetto RHD) so the Digest is
hereby warned to expect lots of strange and silly questions.  I have no access
to other Spiders of any vintage so I'm relying on you guys and girls to help
me out.  In fact there are so few Alfas where I live I even managed to obtain
A L F A   registration plates !

Q1:  When I look forward into the front wheel-wells I can see straight through
the front bumpers.  Is something missing here or is this normal ?  I would've
expected some form of inner splash guard.

Q2:  Can someone point me in the direction of a detailed description of the
roof frame operation and adjustment?  My roof cloth and rear window are
excellent but it seems as though one of the frame rails is folding the wrong
way when I collapse the roof.  I need to manually help the frame fold the
correct way or the roof won't go all the way down.  There is also a bit of
stray steel cable dangling near my right ear with the roof up (RHD car).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Beatle
'67 Duetto
Oz
PS:   YES Willie.R I will forward details of the car when I have a chance to
check it out more thoroughly.