[alfa] Head gasket fit, was RE: 1750 head gasket

I used the Guaneauto or whatever it was from IAP.. was going to use the Reintz but had difficulty in finding one, so punted. Overall the fit was good, everything lined up except some of the water holes seemed half off, i.e. they were half overlapped on the intake edge of the block.

But, I also noticed by the markings on the block, that the gasket before that was overlapped about the same amount. (this is my basket case-sitting in a garage for 10 years-2L motor, so I didn't see what the gasket looked like) So, is this normal?

Jon

I am replacing my head gasket, which I have done several times.  When my
gasket arrived it was an awful fit.  It will not lay flat on the block,
and the oil holes are off, which makes it difficult to center the

<snip>

Thanks, Kevin