[alfa] evaluating an engine you can't start

Joe Elliott comments: "'Ill do a compression test when I spin it (2.5L
V6) with my spare starter..."

***********

Joe, not sure how accurate the test will be since to do 'correctly' the
engine needs to be at operating temperature.

Should you go ahead, I'd consider running the power off a running car.
By the time you turn the 6th (cold) cylinder over five to seven times, a
battery alone is going to be fading.

I know you know this but take a good look at each spark plug as you
remove. If one or two look a lot different than the others, will let you
know a lot.

Any chance to look at the radiator bottle the engine came from?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA