[alfa] Spider engine removal and replacement

Quick one to those who have done both. I'm nearing putting mine back in (yeeehaw!) and
am wondering if you have the transmission full of oil, how much will come running out the vents and
shift lever hole when you tilt it down to go back in?

I drained mine when it came out, thinking it might do that, and since I had no inner boot, it probably was a good idea. But, with a good new boot, and taping off the vent holes, would there be much problem?

A buddy mentioned it would be a lot easier filling the trans before it ends up under the car, and I see his point. But, if it's hard not to pour a cup or two all over the floor, (and probably me, under the car steering the trans end) I'll work out a way to fill it in place instead...

Jon and Marcia
77 Spider
Irvine CA