RE: [alfa] Paint Jobs

> What is the collective wisdom about what should be taken off before
> having a car painted.  In other words, what constitutes "all of the
> trim?"  And of equal importance, what should I do about the
> convertible
> top?  Should I remove it (is that event possible)?  If not, how do I
> get paint underneath the top in the back?  Being able to "cover the
> cracks" is important since I am changing colors.
<snip>

For a Spider, I'd remove headlights, bumpers, grille, door handles, door
chrome, the chrome at the base of the windshield, tail lights, licence
plate lights, etc.

For the top, you don't have to remove the entire top, just go around the
rear base and remove all the little nuts, then pull the top away from
the body and remove the chrome that goes around the rear edge.

Spiders are pretty easy to prep.

bs