RE: [alfa] Paint Jobs

On Wednesday, November 12, 2003, at 04:05 PM, Stacy Faught wrote:

and hood had to be stripped to bare metal.  Before
taking it over there, I took off all the trim,
headlamps, door handles, ect...
Stacy, and others with more experience with painting spiders,

What is the collective wisdom about what should be taken off before having a car painted. In other words, what constitutes "all of the trim?" And of equal importance, what should I do about the convertible top? Should I remove it (is that event possible)? If not, how do I get paint underneath the top in the back? Being able to "cover the cracks" is important since I am changing colors.

Any other tips or hints from seasoned veterans who have prepared spiders for the paint shop before? The spider in question is currently blue and I am painting it back to its original color which was Farina White (AR 008). Finally, what is the best source for getting paint that matches the AR 008 color?

TIA, --jim

'67 Duetto