[alfa] Cam journal plug removal

Must admit I was beginning to believe the actual removal of the stud
version was an urban myth - like going snipe hunting (okay not very
urban but you get the picture).

Friend Mike was over on another important Alfa matter today but when I
pissed and moaned about my stuck studs, picked up a large pipe wrench
he'd conveniently left in my shop, grabbed a big hammer and large
chisel.

"But we'll ruin it." "The guy who installed it with a chisel pretty much
took care of that."

I cranked on pipe wrench, Mike hammered away with hammer and chisel. Not
exactly how I normally work.

Damn, if one didn't actually move. Before long, it was off. With more
than a wee bit of hammering and grunting and chiseling than on the
first, #2 too gave up and turned.

Youse guys have restored my faith in 'no urban legends' (except Bill
Gates virus alerts) out of the mouths of Digesters.

Ruth and Jon (Alfa Parts) had just sent me not one but two pairs of
fresh aluminum plugs. Still need to get a 17 mm hex wrench, but oh what
a relief it is (to coin a phrase).

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA