From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Daegrigg (Don)
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 5:56 PM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] Help with Strut Nut

Replacing the front struts on the 164L,  I can't get the top nut holding the
spring etc.  Everything was fine until this point, especially with the
clamshell spring compression tool I rented.  Problem is that the shock
center
rod rotates when you try to loosen the nut.  There is a Allen key at the top
of the rod but can't get at the key while using a socket on the nut.

What is the key here.  Looks like a trip to the local service station with
an
impact wrench is the only option.

Any favorite (secret) ways of doing this?

Thanks,

Don

Confidentiality Note:  The information contained in this message, and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  It is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.