[alfa] vapor separator system/increasing hp

Hey folks,

I have a 79 Spider.  It has a vapor separator and system for
re-introducing the unspent fuel/air mixture back into the intake ports.
I think it would be easy to convert the system to a filter on the cam
cover and oil return line to the dipstick.  I have seen this set up on
earlier models.  I have also seen direct connections from the cam cover
to the air box.  Conventional wisdom says that removing pollution
controls increases horsepower, but I don't know if this applies to the
changes I have mentioned.  Does this type of modification add horse
power?

Andy Menapace

Brandon, MS