[alfa] Re: MAACO

I originally pursued a Maaco cheap finish for my 84 spider, but ultimately I
chose a base/clear system.  Maaco, now known around here as "SprayGlo", didn't
impress me, and their single stage paints just didn't look that great.  The
orange peel was horrible.  I really lucked out and found a local shop that
offered me a deal I couldn't refuse.  Here's the photo album story behind it:
http://www.scalerchelis.com/gallery/album70

Beware of shops that give you a "5 year warranty" and have a habit of changing
business names often.  The warranty turns out to have a 2 yr lifespan if
you're lucky.  Check the shop that does your work, and find out how long
they've been in business under the current name.  It could be an indicator of
poor past performance.

Greg

---