[alfa] Re: maaco

this is one situation where ymmv really applies. maaco is no different than any shop - the quality of the paint job really comes down to the quality of the guy holding the paint gun.
doubt you will ever get a concours paint job - however you can get a decent job - have to shop around and check the work of your local shops.
i did it on my Super - but my only goal was to seal the metal off from the environment. it is an object lesson on the mistakes that can be made with a paint gun. however, from 3' away - you really can't tell - and the thing cost me less than $300 (maaco fleet white, including the clear coat - so they say). in addition, since the paint is nothing special, i am sure it will come off w/ minimal effort when i am ready to do it right.
andy