[alfa] Diesel Oil

       I am running Rotella T 15W 40 in my 84 Alfa Spider ITB race car.  It
must be really high detergent as it looks sooty fairly rapidly.
       The Alfa race car takes two gallons.  My diesel motorhome / tow
vehicle takes four gallons plus a quart.  So I buy a case of six gallons for oil
changes plus a case of quarts for topping up.
       Several other racers run Rotella in their race cars.  I prefer a 50
weight for the street, but 40 makes more horsepower.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City