[alfa] Of Sperry Valve works

I am certain that many have had a difficult time getting ahold of Sperry
Valve Works.  I know I have.  I just want to check in and pass on what I
know.

They are far from being out of business.  I was just at the shop on
Saturday, and they are extremely busy.  There were at least nine cars in the
shop and easily twice as many head and engine projects in various stages of
completion.

I do not think Mike Sperry is involved, having sold the company to his long
time employee, Stuart.

Stuart is a great guy who will really go the extra mile for his customers.
I know because he did the head and the engine for my Berlina, has done
repairs on my GTV6, and is currently race prepping my Super.

I do not mean to pass judgement, but I would say that Stuart has struggled
somewhat with the transition from talented machinist to business owner.  His
machine skills and thorough knowlege of Alfa engines make him invaluable. He
has recently added new employees that should really help bring his service
levels up.

If you are a new customer, I highly reccomend getting used to leaving voice
mail.  They are so busy that they do not have time to answer the phone very
often, but leave a message, and they will get back to you.

Jeff Thraen