[alfa] RE: Duetto Top (window)

Peter,
When the rear window on my top cracked and fell apart, my wife got a
sheet of suitable plastic from TAP Plastic (a local shop) and sewed it
in by hand. It looks ok but not perfect. But much cheaper than a new
top, and I rarely drive top up here in sunny California.

If your window is mostly OK, and the stitching is what is coming apart,
then you could try restitching this section by hand. I think nylon
thread would be better than cotton as it would be more weather
resistant. On the other hand, if the problem is that the window is
coming apart and giving nothing for the stitching to hold onto, then
this would not work.

Greg

>From: "Peter van Kooij" <duetto@domain.elided>
>Subject: [alfa] Re: Duetto Top (window)
>My window is becoming detached from the top. The rest of the top is in
great shape, and does noet need replacement. Does anyone have any
experience with restitching
>a window in a top, or replacing the window, but without removing the
top? Are there companies that can do that? Any leads in Austin, TX??