[alfa] Multimeter?

Now that the Spider Season is drawing to a close here
in Chicago, I'm planning to spend the winter tracking
down and eliminating some of the electrical quirks in
the new Grad.  I understand that a multimeter is a
necessity for this kind of work, so I went to Radio
Shack to get one, but they had several different
models and the salesman couldn't explain the
difference to me.  What model do I want for automotive
troubleshooting?  Suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chuck King
86 Spider Grad