[alfa] Milano/75 Clutch Pedal 'hiccup'

After a solid run of at least a year, my 89 Milano decided to let me know that it wants some attention.... On the way into work this morning the clutch pedal started to 'hiccup' on it's extension.  It still works fine, but it feels a little 'sticky' as I disengage the clutch pedal and there is a soft rubbing noise from the pedal area.

Any words of wisdom?  Unfortunately I drive through San Francisco where almost every intersection either has a traffic signal or stop sign so a fully functional clutch is rather important.  Am hoping that I am not buying the Milano an early Christmas present......

TIA

- John W
89 Milano
69 GT Veloce