[alfa] 2600 Spider opinion

Having owned a very nice 2600 Spider since 1979, I can tell you that in my
opinion it is a really great car.  Nice ride and comfort, enough power and
torque, cool Alfa engine and exhaust sounds, good handling (if not up to modern
standards), etc.  Mine has been almost bulletproof, as even Pat Braden used to
say it was the most reliable of Alfas.  But that is only my opinion, not that it
isn't shared by others, and if you get one you will find that most smaller
Alfa owners will either not even know what a 2600 is or else will ignore it (and
you) as not true Alfisti believers.  But it is a nice car and if you get one,
you will enjoy it.  If you are near the SF Bay area, I will give you a
ride/drive so that you can see for yourself, or get you in touch with any one of the
5 or 6 2600 owners around here whose cars you could perhaps also at least see
(none of them are for sale, if that tells you anything!).

John Maclay
'64 2600 Spider
'91 164 L