[alfa] Re: GTV6 is chirping

Curt (thanks Curt!) sez that I might want to check the pinch bolt at the
propshaft/flywheel interface.
Being new to this section of the car, I wonder if this means the pinch bolt
visible from the viewing port just behind the flywheel.
I did check this and nada, the bolt is tighter than my ex's, well, nevermind.
It's tight.

DOM! (Thanks DOM!) sez it may be exhaust related because of the apparent
temperature dependence.  Possibly the gasket is weakened and dying.  I did of
course have to take the manifold off to get the starter.  In rehabbing the
manifold to downpipe union, the gasket was not replaced, but the mating
surfaces were ground clean, plus I think the actual join is more like a
ball-in-cup setup anyway.
I'm inclined to believe the exhaust-related theory only because of the
temperature thang, but I can't get away from the solid feel of the sound,
i.e., once it appears, it is totally 1:1 with RPM and doesn't skip a beat
until the car is really warmed up.

Now what?

Darren