[alfa] More on tires (was: falken tires)

Thanks to all that sent opinions and experiences with the Falken tires.

Unanimously, the opinion of the Falken Azenis Sport was very close to a race tire but not quite.   I'll read that to mean it's as close to a usable dual-purpose tire that's ever been made if you can sacrafice only a few seconds per lap for a street driving time trialer.   Overwhelming positive comments on the wear characteristics.

I had quite a few responses from people that drive the 'R''s on the street.   The Kumho Victoracer at full tread was widely regarded as a streetable track tire for summer use.   Some reported 2 seasons on a set with summer street driving and quite a few track events.

I'm going to give the Azenis a shot.   Reasoning being that if they don't work as well as I'd like, I can always get a second set of 'R''s for the track, but being wrong about the 'R's on the street can be dangerous.  Especially in the wet.

Another random thought:   How about running Dirt Stockers as a dual purpose tire?   I've seen some of you swear by them on a wet track.  How do the perform in the dry?  Do they wear out quickly?

-Peter