From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
webb.p@domain.elided
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 1:08 PM
To: alfa@domain.elided; alfaracing@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] More on tires (was: falken tires)

Thanks to all that sent opinions and experiences with the Falken tires.

Unanimously, the opinion of the Falken Azenis Sport was very close to a
race tire but not quite.   I'll read that to mean it's as close to a
usable dual-purpose tire that's ever been made if you can sacrafice only
a few seconds per lap for a street driving time trialer.   Overwhelming
positive comments on the wear characteristics.

I had quite a few responses from people that drive the 'R''s on the
street.   The Kumho Victoracer at full tread was widely regarded as a
streetable track tire for summer use.   Some reported 2 seasons on a set
with summer street driving and quite a few track events.

I'm going to give the Azenis a shot.   Reasoning being that if they
don't work as well as I'd like, I can always get a second set of 'R''s
for the track, but being wrong about the 'R's on the street can be
dangerous.  Especially in the wet.

Another random thought:   How about running Dirt Stockers as a dual
purpose tire?   I've seen some of you swear by them on a wet track.  How
do the perform in the dry?  Do they wear out quickly?

-Peter