[alfa] Dead Milano Power Steeing

Thanks to those that replied to my original post.  It turns out that the
filter at the bottom of the reservoir is not clogged.  I got another pump from
APE today and that did not fix the lack of power steering.

Here's the latest observations from the test drive (after changing the pump):
1.  I have power steering only in one direction:  Right Turns
2.  No power steering in the other, Left Turns

There is no information in my Milano manual about the power steering system.
I'd like to know which fittings are which and it would be nice to know how the
system works so I can take a stab at troubleshooting it.

If anyone has any literature on the system I'd appreciate it, as well as any
other advice (short of changing the rack for a rebuilt unit).

Thanks!

-Lalo
'88 Verde