Re: [alfa] Just Where The Hell Do You Think That Crank Pulley Is Going?

alfacybersite wrote:

really get to it. And, no, I don't happen to have a 20 mm x 1.5 die - do
you? Couldn't get a wrench on it anyway because of the cast in shroud.
No. But I do have a very handy (if I can find it) metric thread file. Super handy, makes cleaning up threads easy enough that you'll actually do it.

http://www.mscdirect.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=592&pcount=15&Product_Id=357048&Keyword=Y

Oh, a possible tip for removing stuck crank pulley nuts... I learned this while replacing the timing belt on my V6 Acura. The torque spec is 176ft-lbs, but I couldn't touch it with a 1/2" impact wrench or any combination of wrench & cheater bar.

The tip I got from fellow owners was to put a wrench on the nut such that the handle was braced against the floor. Then hop in the driver's seat and give the starter a crank. Presto! I was skeptical but it worked perfectly.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org