RE: [alfa] RE: GTV6 is chirping

<snip>
> there has always been this really faint metallic grind during
> the cranking, most noticeable just before the engine catches.
>  The chirping sounds a little like this, albeit a bit
> higher-pitched and definitely varies with engine speed.
<snip>

I kind of skimmed past the original post, so I don't remember all the
details, but when I think chirping sound I think belts and pulleys.

Are you sure the sound is coming from underneath the car, and not from
the engine compartment?  Have you checked the belts for tightness?  How
many miles on the water pump?  Alternator?

Just some things to check..

bs