Re:[alfa] spider rear caliper piston size

Wayne Abott writes:
"Can anyone tell me the diameter of rear caliper pistons.  I have a rebuild
kit and finally went to assemble and the parts in the kit are too big..."

Regarding 115 Spider piston seals, I rebuilt my brakes this summer and found
that the aftermarket seal kits from a certain well known Alfa parts supplier
did not fit.   The piston seals could be made to fit, although placing a lot
of drag on the pistons, but the dust boots simply were unusable.  I trashed
the aftermarket kits and ordered OEM, which went together as they should
have.

When it comes to molded rubber parts and close clearances, the dimensions (and
surface finish) just have to be there or you'll have problems.   I suggest
going with the ATE original, or Alfa branded kits (same thing).

Dave Jarman
Lexington, KY
USA