[alfa] RE: v6 held up by cylinder head

ethan schartman wrote:

>> i would bet that the original flame-proof rings are
still on the liners. the v6 at some point had a
multipart head gasket that involved a seperate ring on
each liner to seal the combustion chamber. <<

I know the early GTV6s used a multi-part head gasket.
Perhaps the early Milanos did also, but my '87 Milano did not.
The gasket that was removed had the metal cyl. liner rings
built into the gasket.

In any case the cylinder liners have nothing on top of them;
their projection is ca. 1.5mm above the engine block, while the spec
says it should be 0.01mm to 0.06mm.

Rich Hirsch
St Louis MO