RE: [alfa] Hair Club for Men vs. 5" Stiletto Heels

> Are my Chromodora wheels giving my 74 GTV a "hair club for men" image?
>
> I've been seeing a lot GTVs with other (cool) wheels and am
> tempted to go for an Alfa equivalent of 5" stiletto heels
> (5-point spokes, etc).
>
> Seriously, what are others dressing their tires in to get the
> best way-cool/hi-performance quotient?
>
> I'd like to know the merits of (original) Chromodora wheels
> (weight, balance, heritage, etc.) vs. some the of the typical
> Tire Rack offerings.

My somewhat biased and uninformed opinion is that most of the current
offerings don't have much, if any, magnesium in them, and are heavier
than what you've got.  It's hard to beat those classic Alfa mag wheels
for weight.

They also look period correct on your GTV, I'm not a huge fan of the
modern wheel on a vintage car look.

I'd refinish what you have and keep them.

My .02,

bs