RE: [alfa] Has any one installed a Ignition Switch Crank Position Bypass Switch?

> Tom Mandle wrote
> Bypass Switch?
>
> I was thinking of wiring a push button
> switch in parallel with the crank position until I  have confidence
that
> it was either a loose connection or dirt in the contact.
>
> Has any one installed a Ignition Switch Crank Position Bypass Switch?
> My car came with the fuel pump solenoid bypass switch.
>
> Thanks, Tom
> 1969 Boat Tail
> Bay Area

Tom:
I have a problem with my '73 Spider where the switch won't go to the
crank position sometimes.  I installed a push button switch mounted on
the bottom of the steering column cover.  When I get in to start it, if
the key won't go to the crank position, I push the button and get on
with life.  I cannot remember which poles I tied into but if you have a
wiring diagram, it should be easy to figure out.  Installing the button
simulated the trick of jumping the starter with a screwdriver.

Richard Arnold
'73 Spider