Re: [alfa] Alfa People - Luca, Steve

Luca wrote:
My 75 1.8ie, aka my daily driver, is very disappointed: you forgot mentioning
she was your 1st driving experience in Italy, in a Alfa and with the steering
wheel on the proper side. :)

Was great to meet you Les. You welcome back whenever you wanna!

Apologies; I am mortified! How could I forget my first drive in Italy?? where
the first time I went around a corner I was on the wrong side!! Thanks Luca;
that was fun but a bit scary for you no doubt. Later on I drove hundreds of
kilometres in southern Italy and thoroughly enjoyed it. Of note was driving in
Ostuni, the "White City" an ancient village set on a hilltop with streets so
narrow that the mirrors have to be folded back to get through the traffic and
parked cars.

I'm getting asked whether I visited the Alfa Museum; the answer is "No". If I
had a few more days I would have tried but I'm not a great one for looking at
static displays of cars so instead I spent 3 days at Monza and the other 1.5
days checking out the great sights of Milano.

Alfas in Italy - 156s and 75s (Milanos) abound as well as beautifully kept
155s and even some Alfa 90s. 147s are also popular and in Taranto, the sight
of a parked  black 147 GTA with its heaps of negative camber was just
fantastic. 33s are not highly regarded and I saw only one Alfasud.

Ciao tutti.

Les in Wellington New Zealand.