Re: [alfa] Alfa People - Luca, Steve

At Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:17:44 +1300 Les wrote:
snip
>However, this is not what the purpose of this post is but rather to say what a
>special group the AD comprises. I met up with Luca in Bassano del Grappa and
>had a memorable evening at a restaurant on Monte Grappa. It also turned out
>that the restaurant owner had been to New Zealand to watch a Superbike race so
>we exchanged notes and he prepared some special things and plied me with
>gifts. That was near the beginning of my travels. Near the end my stopover was
>in LA and Steve Luftman came by, picked me up and we cruised around, tried
>some boutique beer and Mexican food, to make that evening equally memorable.
>Luca and Steve - sincere thanks and may the spirit of real Alfa Digest
>camaraderie survive forever!

My 75 1.8ie, aka my daily driver, is very disappointed: you forgot mentioning
she was your 1st driving experience in Italy, in a Alfa and with the steering
wheel on the proper side. :)

Was great to meet you Les. You welcome back whenever you wanna!

"When the chosen people
 grew more strong,
 the rightful cause at length
 became the wrong." (John Dryden, Absalon and Achitophel)

937, '87 Alfa 75 Turbo, '90 Alfa 75 1.8ie, '75 Benelli 500 Quattro, RM250
http://members.xoom.it/nodoubt73