[alfa] Spider Electrics

The car in question is a 1987 Spider Quadrifogio Verde

When Driving the car at cruising speed with no accessories on the voltmeter reads at about 13-13.5 volts. With the lights on it drops .5 volts. With the heater blower on it drops another .5 volts and the battery/alternator light comes on. With the A/C blow turned on it drops another volt and each fan speed an additional .5 volts. The a/c compressor zaps another .5 or so volts. All numbers are approximate.

So with the lights on, a/c on and heater on the voltmeter reads about 10-11 volts, which if I'm not mistaken will kill the battery since the car is using more than it's giving back. Right?

No, I don't normally drive with all this stuff on! :) But regardless I think that this means that something is wrong with my alternator. Or is this normal?

Any thoughts?

Tim Annett
Email: tim6@domain.elided