Re: [alfa] DIY Rear Brakes on Milano? How hard? Special tools?

The rear brakes were one of the first jobs I did on my first Milano. If nothing is rusted, it's a relatively easy job. With the aid of an air ratchet and some hex key sockets, I can change pads and rotors in about 45 minutes.

The pain comes when you run into something rusted solid. It's cramped quarters under there, and if you round off one of the socket head bolts, it's especially trying. I haven't found a source for replacement bolts (other than another Milano.)

I would suggest using a bit of thread locker on these bolts when putting everything back together. I actually had these bolts back out on me during a long trip.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org