[alfa] Brevetti (was: hose clamps)

Biba said
>>I would never have thought the all caps BREVETTI meant patented.
I'm surprised too.

I always thought it was either the family name of the manufacturer or from the
italian
"Breve" = short
"Brevetto" = diminutive of above = "little and short" or "very short", then

"Brevetti" = plural of the above meaning something like "little short ones". I
suppose that could refer to either the family members or the clamps.

Somebody who's actually italian needs to give input here.

I've been looking for nice hoseclamps for years now - I hate screwing on those
Ideal Hoseclamps from Pep Boys etc. I think Re-originals has kits to make the
old-fashined cotter-pin and strap type clamps - anybody know how well they
work? or have a picture of how they look? or know where you can get nice ones
that aren't necessarily Brevetti? I heard that Mercedes Benz made nice
hoseclamps (or supplied them) but I don't know where to get those either.

Thanks,

-Richard Lane
San Jose, CA
'67 GTV