RE: [alfa] Recaros into a GTV6

Subject: [alfa] Recaros into a GTV6

>I am mounting some Milano Verde/Recaro seats into my 83 GTV6.  I found
>that I could drill a locating hole into the existing seat tracks and
>they would bolt in okay,  but....the actual height of the seat is now
>way too low.  I am using some nylon spacers and longer allen screws to
>raise it up,  but its still to low.  I really feel like I am falling
>into the seat now....

>Surely,  someone else must have mounted Verde seats,  so,  I would like
>to have a bit of advice on this.

>The only other thing I am thinking is that I would have to buy mounting
>brackets from Recaro directly,  if they still have them for
>Alfetta/GTV6.

I also mounted Verde seats in my GTV6.  Drilled new holes in the rear seat
tracks and took out the spacers so my helmet clears the roof.  There are
black spacers that came stock - my car had thick ones in the front and thin
in the rear.
Only issue I had with the low seat was the need to remove the inside seat
adjuster knobs on both seats because they hit the driveshaft tunnel.  Even
with stock spacers, the Verde seat would have been lower than before.

To get back to "GTV6" stock height (since the Verde seats are lower when
compared side by side on their original tracks, even with stock spacers) you
could add even more spacers.  Also, If I recall correctly, the GTV6 bracket
(between the track and the seat bottom) is taller than the Verde bracket, so
swapping those might be an option (not sure if you used the original Milano
brackets).  Good luck.

Kevin