re: [alfa] Spider Canvas Top Scotch Guard?

Jason,
	I haven't used this particular product on an Alfa top, but I did use
Thompson's WaterSeal on one just to extend it's usefulness over a
winter.  The WaterSeal actually made the top look a bit better (it was
already a faded black), really sealed the seams (which were a bit wide),
and was very waterproof.  This was the oil-based version which I don't
think you can get any longer.  Probably the water-based stuff will work
ok as well - check on the side of the container to see if canvas is
listed.  The stuff did stink pretty bad for about 3 days since you need
to put on several coats...also works well for decks...;-}

	But I suspect that any coating will probably change the color of your
top a bit - might even make it splotchy due to uneven absorption.  Good
idea to test on an inconspicuous section ... wherever that might be.

	Bruce

	'86 Spider
	'73 GTV