[alfa] '83 spider interior light problem

Well this is a first.  I sent out the message below on Friday and did not
receive any responses.  Maybe the moon and stars weren't lined up right so
I'll try again.

For quite sometime now the interior light on my rear view mirror has failed
to automatically turn off.  I believe that it used to work the same as the
interior light of any other car.  That is it would turn on with opening the
doors and turn off a few seconds after closing the doors.  What can I do to
fix this problem?  Is there a relay that controls this function?

Thanks in advance,
Chris