[alfa] '83 spider interior light problem

For quite sometime now the interior light on my rear view mirror has failed
to automatically turn off.  I believe that it used to work the same as the
interior light of any other car.  That is it would turn on with opening the
doors and turn off a few seconds after closing the doors.  What can I do to
fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Chris