Re: [alfa] Spider floormat sources? Group purchase on custom embroidery?

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 08:59  AM, Karl Robrock wrote:

Hi all,
I was looking into getting new floormats for my '91 spider. They are in great
condition, but the embroidery on the driver's side is worn.
I was investigating getting new mats, but IAP's supplier will no longer make
mats with the alfa emblem, and Alfa no longer sells the floormats! Somebody
PLEASE tell me what that is all about! Is alfa just trying to piss us all
off?
It has nothing to do with Alfa, per se... Most floormats with logos these days are supplied by LloydMats <http://www.lloydmats.com> and they got sued a few years back for unauthorized reproduction of logos (or so the story goes) so they stopped making any logos until they had full permission from the companies involved.
Of course, it snowballed from there and now nobody will give you an Alfa Romeo (or Audi or BMW... I've had this problem before) because they're scared of the RIAA. Oh wait... That's a different group pissed off that they can't overcharge... My bad.

-Ben Kaupp
'78 Spider (gettin' clutched as we speak. er... type)
'90 Isuzu Trooper (sold in 15 minutes thanks to craigslist)