Re:[alfa] Alfa Newbie

292 Y block, huh?  Remember it well, throwing a rod out in my Dad's Ford
Starliner 292, LONG time back!  Oh, was he mad...

OK- to the Alfa content: sounds like you've acquired one of the Niki Lauda
Specials maybe?  Do take others advice, and get the late Pat Braden's book,
then absorb the details about caring for an Alfa.  And do NOT, under any
circumstances, allow anyone to work on it who cannot demonstrate a healthy
degree of knowledge of things Alfa.  As for yourself, I respectfully suggest
you read before tinkering and it will save you much grief.  The Alfa 101, 105
and 115 series cars are not fragile nor fickle, but they do not take very
kindly to uninformed probing.  Once you get into it a bit, you'll see what I
mean!

I assume you've looked up parts sources already, the AD can help you there as
well.  Good luck!  Hope you enjoy it.

Dave Jarman
Lexington, KY
USA