[alfa] Suspension bolt torque disaster

       I ALWAYS clean bolt threads either with a thread chaser, tap and die
set or a wire brush in my bench grinder.  I ALWAYS start the nuts with my
fingers and turn them as far down as I can with my fingers.
       I suspect your threads were dirty and / or you started the nuts
crooked and tried to tighten them, thus stripping the threads.
       The torque wrench is for final tightening of the bolt.  You do not
need a torque wrench other that at the end of attaching a bolt or nut.
       Cut the bad bolts out one at a time.  Put a floor jack under the lower
pan for safety.  Replace each bolt with your all thread after you cut it out.
       I have cut up a number of junk Alfas.  If you cannot find new bolts,
let me know.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City