[alfa] exploded fan and other Spider issues

Hi All,

Well, I finally experienced a fan failure on my '87 Spider.  The fan
came apart and took the shroud and radiator with it.  This was a
relatively new fan (about 5 years) so I am surprised that it came
apart.  It may have been aftermarket and not OEM, so this time I will
go with OEM.  As for the radiator, is anyone aware of any of our
tursted suppliers that have a good deal now on an OEM radiator?  I have
found prices from $300 to $700 and want to get OEM.  I seem to recall
that Alfa put a lot of cooling capacity into the radiator and an
aftermarket part may not meet the need.  What about taking it to a
local shop and having it recored?  What do I need to ask for to make
sure it meets the specs Alfa designed?

Secondly, when cornering I am getting an brief hesitation as I try to
accerlate out.  It is almost as if it is fuel starved and is very
noticeable.  Any suggestions?  A few weeks ago it was mentioned that a
stuck/clogged return line valve it the trunk could cause this problem.
Could it be the valve?

Thanks for you help,
Chris
Miami, FL