[alfa] Re: Spider clutch pins

Dean,

The failure of your pivot pin mimics all of the failures we've seen over the
last two decades. Contrary to popular belief, there IS space to weld around
the filet on the pedal box side, just discard the felt or rubber dust cover.
I don't know why the earlier cars didn't seem to have this much trouble. All
of the mid-'80's on seemed to be inordinately afflicted.

-Peter