[alfa] Re: Clutch Master Cylinder Rebuild Questions- 69 Spider

Robert,
       I'd recommend you   double check the clutch master cyliner travel and
slave cylinder travel first.  I'm not sure if the '69 is the same as the '70+
models, but the following is from the '70-94 Spider instructtions:
       Alfa doesn't spec the master cylinder travel  (but the distance from
the back eye of the clevis pin to the front of the mounting flange is 15mm - go
figure!).  The slave cylinder should travel 11-12mm at the pivot ball to
release the clutch.
       If you want, I can measure the clutch master cylinder travel on my '89
Spider tomorrow.  This will at least tell you if you are getting the right
mechanical travel at the master cylinder and slave cylinder (or not).

Cheers,
Charlie