[alfa] Re: Clutch pedal pivot, 115 Spider

Dean,
       Yep.  This is one of the very few pet peaves I have with Alfa.  I
broke the pivot pin on my '74 and '89 Spider.  The only reason I didn't break it
on my '87 Spider was because I got T-boned by a Hyundai that hit black ice
before I could make it to 50K miles.  Oh, well.  At least it's consistent!
       The problem is that the pivot shaft is first turned down in diameter
and then welded to the arm (stupid design!)  I don't now about IAP, but the
pivot pins I bought from Ward&Dean and Alfa Parts (Jon and Ruth Ann in Berkeley)
had an extra gusset weld on the inside large diameter of the shaft - not done
by Alfa.
       So whoever you buy from (they all have to come from stock Alfa design
- I seriously doubt anyone is doing their own fabrication - but I could be
wrong), ask if  they have done the gusset weld on the stock part.

Cheers,
Charlie