RE: [alfa] clutch bleeding, ect.

Thanks to all who gave advice.  It turns out that,
after continued attempts at bleeding, I had in fact
bled all the air out of the system the first time.
The problem was *not* air in the system, it was that
the clutch pedal itself had sheared at the hinge area
when the slave cylinder failed--the slave must have
bound up, creating the extra resistance I
felt--pumping the pedal not only tore open the seals
in the slave, but also sheared the clutch pedal a bit,
so that the resting height of the pedal was too low,
and therefore unable to push the master cylinder
plunger far enough to displace the proper amount of
fluid.  After adjusting the fork on the master,
everything worked fine.  I'm disturbed by the idea
that my clutch pedal is now bent to some degree---I'll
be watching closely over the next few weeks to see if
it gets worse...it doesn't look like all that
difficult of a task to replace the pedal box, but I'm
really in no mood to bleed hydraulics again after the
last two weeks of frustration :)

Anyway--just thought I'd share my results...too often
I see questions posted here, and advice given, but no
follow-up on what works and what doesn't.

Thanks again.

Stacy
'87 Spider Quad
and mabye another Alfa coming soon...